Messagepoint is a leader in developing and delivering innovative software and services within the Customer Communications Management market. The Messagepoint solution is the 2016 SIIA CODiE winner for the Best Multi-channel Publishing Platform. Messagepoint helps companies strengthen their customer communications by enabling business users to control the entire messaging life-cycle for all print or digital communications without burdening IT.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you'll work with a small, highly-motivated team of individuals focused on building a high-scale cloud infrastructure serving customers around the globe. The role requires a deep understanding of Linux server administration, networking and key applications and services.
The role’s primary focus is the simplification and automation of providing instances of the company’s products and services by leveraging software development and open source solutions to automate the many tasks required to enable and manage our offerings.
In addition, Cloud Operations engineers are responsible for complex problem resolution, creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the company.
Responsibilities also include providing oversight of a number of systems hosted in Amazon Web Services, databases, and network troubleshooting, and providing various technical solutions to the business. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize his or her solid and broad skills.
Qualifications and Skills
• 3+ years experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
• 5+ years Linux System Administration in a complex data center environment
• Expertise in deploying Application Server such as JBoss EAP in multi-tier architecture
• In depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
• Experience with relational database technologies such as Oracle.
• A background in automating the management of a data center environment
• Experience in J2EE, JMS, MQ and SOAP application troubleshooting
• Experience with hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
• Experience with intrusion detection systems and network and server security hardening
• Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
• Experience with kick start, chef, puppet
• Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python and PHP etc.
• Good understanding of PKI. Hardware Security Module (HSM) management experience a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
• Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
• Providing rotational on call support
• BCS degree or Equivalent experience